Wednesday, February 11, 2009

**********The Other Guy!!*********


**********Me**********


**********The story:**********


Daddy took all the kids to Costco to get Pizza for dinner while Mama was at YW's yesterday. Mama gets a call from Dad that Ethan fell out of the shopping cart but he's fine. 1 1/2 hours later Dad comes back to the church with the kids to show show Mama. Oh my gosh! Ethan's eye was so swollen!! I then ask Daddy was he goofing off? Where YOU goofing off? No and nope was the answers. Poor little guy. (but the worst is yet to come) We get home put some ice on it. He looked like he was hit with a base ball right above his eyebrow. He wants to stay up and watch movie with Mama and Dad. I fine with that because then I can keep an eye on him for a bit. Then this morning he wakes up and says "Mama my eye isn't better yet, when will it be all better?" aaahhh I feel for ya dude. Dad thinks it will be cool for him to have a pirate eye patch, so now Ethan thinks it will be cool too! Man where can I find an eye patch in February?? So off to school the girls go and onto the store to find an eye patch. Found one, bought it, and he thinks it's cool but doesn't want to wear! Oh well it doesn't really matter anyway it was just to make him feel better about his eye. So here is what his eye looks like now! I feel so bad for him. So when I get asked what happened to his eye I have to be careful not to say "his dad did it!" but I do say he fell out of a shopping cart. "If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times SIT DOWN IN THE SHOPPING CARTS!" Because accidents DO happen. Maybe we'll have to change his "truck" party into a "pirate" party!! It really does look bad but Ethan seems to be fine with all of it.


3 comments:

Danielle said...

Poor guy, but maybe he learned something??? Did one of your kids fall out of the cart at WalMart here in Moscow? Maybe it was Shannon Banks's kid. I can't remember. But who ever it was I remember the Mom telling me that the workers made a big deal about it incase she sued. Crazy! Good job on finding an eye patch not around Halloween! What a good Mom! Even if he then didn't wear it!

Stephanie B said...

The EXACT same thing happened to Rachel. Her black eye wasn't as bad but it happened 2 days before Christmas so she has a black eye in all our pictures. It also happened under Trav's watch.

Amber said...

Ouch!!! THat looks so sore! Poor kid.

I love your side bar pictures by the way.